Hi! I’m Sherry.
I’d like to think I’m a simple person. But I’m sure I’m not. Instead of writing a bio though, I thought I’d list a bunch of things I think are interesting about me.
- I was born in Taiwan and moved here was I was little. So, no, I don’t have an accent. Although sometimes I have a twang, I’ll blame that on growing up in Rolla, MO.
- I am a naturalized citizen, my parents took the test before I turned 18.
- I get really annoyed when you don’t turn on your headlights when it’s cloudy, raining, snowing or dark. Just because you can see, doesn’t mean I can see you.
- I like to make things. Wood work, paint, paper crafting, stamping, etc. I’m a big DIY-er. I’m always thinking of how to make something. So I have lots of unfinished projects laying around…
- I love Sporting Kansas City. Enough said.
- I love my little pomeranian, Murdoc. He is such a little rat. But an adorable fuzzy rat.
- I’ve been on a quest to find the best ramen (not the instant kind). So far Ippudo, in NYC, is the only one worthy of being on my list. Although I would tolerate eating the ramen from the Mitsuwa food court, Santouka. Man, I wish there was one closer to me. I have yet to have any good ramen in Kansas City. Pho is pretty good there. I tried Nami Ramen, here in St. Louis, lately and it was ok. But pricey.
- I love Ikea.
- I love coffee. My sister has a coffeeshop and I learned to pull a shot and make a latte. I’m not good with #latteart but she’s pretty good at it. I helped her with the branding and design of the shop.
- I love to sing but I’m afraid to do it in public. But if you get me liquor’d up, I may sing for you. I like to sing in my car a lot. So if you see an Asian girl in a Hello Kitty Rav4 belting out something…it’s probably me.
- Speaking of liquor, I like to drink. Probably too much. I’m drinking a beer as I write this…
You can find me on social media here:
All thoughts are mine on this website. I will credit those I get ideas from as much as I can but sometimes I don’t remember. Right now I don’t plan on having any paid/sponsored posts but if I do in the future, they will be noted before and after the post. Affiliate links will be noted as well. Since I’m in MO, there won’t be any Amazon affiliate links. Any mention of products or companies are because I used them and like them. I also really hate ads so I’m not going to put any google ads or whatever on this site. This is my journal after all, I wouldn’t have ads in my written journal.